Female Foeticide India Essay
Female Foeticide Infanticide Essay Causes Impact & Prevenstion, Speech, Quotes, Slogan
Essay On Female Foeticide Infanticide
Female foeticide is a process of killing a female foetus in the womb. It happens in many parts of the world. Though some of the countries don’t allow sex determination before birth but some of the countries allow. In this regard a lot of people undergo sex determination before birth of the child and then eliminate the female foetus. The incident is painful as well as inhuman for the society. Mostly it happens in Asian countries, especially in India, Pakistan, Southern parts of the continent. The reason behind such inhuman activities is the old belief of some old people. Some of the old people and even some of the young generations want boy child in their family.
It was unfortunate that even in this modern era many of the people have this belief that malesare better than females. So investing in female child will be a bad deal. At many places we expect that the rural areas, where probably education and culture are yet to reach, people possess such beliefs. But unfortunately some of the prominent urban areas, educated people and even young people have such biased belief that having a boy child is more logical than a girl child.
There are some cases where women are forced to abort the foetus. The force comes from either husbands or from the in-laws as they want their daughter-in-law to give birth to a boy child. In other cases, some people get rid of the foetus because of the unwanted pregnancy. Women or couples who are not prepared to start their family now are keen to get eliminated their foetus.
Causes behind Female Foeticide
There are a bunch of reasons behind this inhuman and unfortunate incident of female foeticide. Though it is not always for the unwanted pregnancy but it is intentionally done because of the society that builds on silly beliefs.
- Female children are bad deals: A lot of people think that investing on female child, spending on their education and upbringing cannot be a profitable deal. It won’t be a worth as girls will get married and will be gone to other family.
- Male child will extend family: If you have a male child your family will extend by many generations. If you have girl child your daughter will be gone to other family and your family will be ended after one generation. This belief leads to many people to attempt female foeticide.
- Females don’t have social status males have:Women who are said to be carrying the name of the father before marriage and then of the husband after marriage have no social status. Sadly, even when women are achieving so many things in their lives, still people follow rules made by the society of carrying the names of the male guardian. In this regard a mass portion of the society still thinks that female child does not have any social status whereas a male child has.
- Illegal sex determination labs and hospitals:In south Asian countries, there are many illegal medical path labs and hospitals can be found where illegally sex determination takes place. Families that are craving for boy child spend their last penny to know whether it is a boy or a girl. Once they get to know that through illegal tests, they opt for abortion.
- Females are not secured: As the nation witnesses a lot of rape and women harassment, people often don’t wish to have female child for this reason. Though it is sort of hypothetical belief that some people possess, still it affects many parents who don’t want to have female child.
Impact on the Society
The impact on the society of female foeticide is immense today. Not only today but the society is witnessing so many bad effects since a long time. Of course there is no such positive impact on society of this incident. There are only negative impacts that affect the so-called society. One of the most important points is low rate of sex ratio. Along with it other impacts are sexual harassment, decrease in population, early age marriage and lot more such cases.
- Low sex ratio: In southern Asian countries the sex ratio is tremendously low in compare to other continents and developed countries. Frequently decreasing rate of female child brings the imbalance in the sex ratio.
Sex Ratio in some countries:
- Population declining:The overall population is declining over the period of time because of low rate of female child. According to the 2011 census there are only 933 women compared to 1000 males in India.
- Sexual harassment/Rape:In a recent survey it has shown that places where women are endangered species, the rate of rape has increased largely. Males are keen to be with girls and when they don’t get them easily, they attempt such anti-social behaviour.
Prevention Solution to the problem:
There are some sorts of prevention of solutions are there which can be attained to prevent this Female Foeticide in some countries, especially in the Asian countries.
- Public awareness programmes can be arranged to target young generation so that they can be more conscious about the fact that daughters are equally important in our society and family.
- Cancellation of the licence of such hospitals and doctors where cases like abortions take place will be another big solution to the problem.
- Also the licence of the path labs and companies that are involved in sex determination process and supplying such kits should be banned and cancelled.
- Punishments like jailed or high fines should be imposed on the people who undergo such process. Be it the parents or the family members, attempting such process shall be punishable act.
- Establish new laws and strict rules against the doctors, hospitals and people who will be involved in female foeticide.
The incident of female foeticide is something that needs to be stopped immediately. There are a cluster of laws and rules against it but it is more important to be aware of them. To prevent the sex ratio imbalance one needs to be more cautious before attempting such crime. Sex detection and killing the foetus should be punishable act in every country and for everyone no matter who the person is. One must not forget that a female child is equally important in a family and society as a male child is.
Speech On Female Foeticide Infanticide
Though we are living in a modern era, the era when high technology is over powering our lives, still a large part of our society is still living with some old and weird beliefs. When we talk about an incident of foeticide the first thing comes on our mind is, it has to be female child. Yes, we still live in such society where females are unwanted. Even when we see females are achieving so many things.
The incident of female foeticide is not a new concept. It happens because of the belief that male child carries the family to the next generation, females don’t. On the basis of such weak mentality and society generated belief we continuously kill a life even before her birth.
Unfortunately, it is the woman who attempts such sin. Either it is the mother of the foetus or the mother-in-law of the mother, the crime is often done by the women only. It is sad but true that women are the biggest enemy of another woman.
Now it is inevitable that when you don’t get access to something you will go crazy after it. Some of the places where women become endangered species have more chances of rape than other places. The reason is obvious. Males who are in need of women but don’t get them often attempt such crime without knowing the consequences. Even in some states due to low rate of women population, parents opt for early marriage of their daughters, sometimes before adulthood they force their daughters to get married.
People, especially the young generation should be aware of the fact that women are equally important in our society and sometimes more than a male because a male can never be able to give birth a child that a woman can.
Quotes & Slogan On Female Foeticide Infanticide
Every man in our society needs a mother, a wife, a sister then why don’t they need a daughter?
You need a woman in your life, as your mother or as your sister and as your wife, because you can’t marry your brother. Isn’t it?
You want a woman to carry your son’s child in her womb, then why don’t you want to carry your daughter in your womb?
Daughters are the angels sent by the God, they cry, they blabber, at the end of the day they adore the most.
Don’t try to end their lives even before it starts.
Don’t hate the daughters, females are proved to be more intelligent than males. You never know when your daughter makes you proud.
Be your daughters’ friend not the foe. They are angels, don’t let them go.
If you think a man is a hero, then killing your daughter makes you a zero.
Don’t be cold daughters are pure gold.
Social discrimination against women results in systematic neglect of woman health, from womb to tomb. Female infanticide and female feticide are widely practiced in many states. The overall over ratio, at present, is favorable to women in Kerala. But in Kerala also, in the 0-6 age group, the sex ratio was 963 as per 2001 census. Out of total 36.5lakh 0-6 age group population 18.6 lakh were male babies and 17.9 lakh babies. Thus, 79760 female babies and infants were missing in 2001 in Kerala. This masculanisation of sex ratio is a result of selective abortion of female fetuses after the use of ultrasound techniques of sex determination.
The reason of female infanticide can be linked with the evil of dowry prevailing in our society. A more degrading and disparaging feature of the society has been existing for the last two decades is the immense love for male child and elimination of female fetus. With invention of new technologies to monitor the frontal health, it was expected to be used for taking care of the health of the unborn child, but it became terminator of female fetus. While there can be no moral or ethical justification for feticide, still it continues to be practiced. In fact sex determination which was mainly restricted to metros only now, is prevalent in villages as well. If sex determination test are allowed to proliferate, and the crimination female fetuses allowed, the society should be ready to pay for this sin, after around two decades.
The amendment to the 1994 PNDT Act (Pre-Natal Diagnostic Act) is one of the means to wards an end. We must take a national campaign against gender discrimination and inequities. The root cause for elimination of female fetus is to be traced unless the evil of forced marriages, dowry and illiteracy among the females are done away with lives of women will not improve. Banning prenatal sex determination might add a feather in the cape of right activists; it will not materially improve the lives of women. A social! Awakening for true respect to the girls is required. A lot of hones hard work with full political will in this field can only solve the problem.