Great Development Director Cover Letter
Development Director Cover Letter
Development Directors are responsible for fundraising aspects in a nonprofit organization or a university. Typical work activities of a Development Director are creating and implementing fundraising plans, ensuring financial support, liaising with major donors, organizing fundraising events, monitoring budgets and expenses, identifying major gift prospects, collaborating with key executives, cultivating donor relationships, and coordinating volunteers.
A successful Development Director should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Fundraising skills
- Excellent networking and interpersonal abilities
- Stamina and perseverance
- Computer competences
- Online giving expertise
- Donor relationship skills
- Good numeracy abilities
- Attention to details
- Being able to work under pressure
Below is displayed a cover letter sample for Development Director highlighting similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Development Director Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Butler:
When I learned of your need for a Development Director, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my comprehensive experience in managing business development and operations, as well as my expertise in training and overseeing high-performing teams, I feel confident that I can significantly benefit your organization.
From leading strategic planning efforts and analyzing market opportunities to improving community relations and developing internal policies and procedures, my background has consistently been characterized by my steadfast dedication to managing fiscal responsibility and achieving corporate growth and development objectives. My proven ability to strategically define and meet program goals, along with my communication and time management capabilities, position me to excel in this role.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Thriving as Director of Development for the past nine years for a non-profit organization dedicated to driving positive social change within at-risk communities; single-handedly developing and executing fundraising strategies to realize a 36% increase in revenue.
- Successfully developing and establishing budgets, schedules, grants, and project tasks to comprehensively manage all facets of program implementation and execution in adherence with requirements and goals.
- Overseeing planned giving and endowment activities, including individual solicitations, special events, direct mail, and community seminars.
- Identifying, soliciting, and stewarding donors/grantors of $1,000+ comprising volunteers and community leaders.
- Developing solid, trusting relationships with staff, peers, community members, and agencies to facilitate efficiency and productivity and achieve business development success.
- Mentoring, training, and directing highly productive and enthusiastic team members, boosting morale and encouraging dedication and organizational loyalty with minimal turnover.
- Utilizing superior organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills to propel organizations and teams to peak results.
With my record of success in business development, coupled with my leadership and analytical skills, I will certainly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Kevin W. Woods
117 Darley Street
North Park NSW 2000
T: (02) 9200 0000
M: 0432 222 222
Paradise Green Property Pty Ltd
88 Park Street
Hyde Town NSW 1000
Dear Ms Free
Re: Development Manager
Please accept my application for the position of Development Manager with Paradise Green Property as advertised in The Property Guide.
I have nine years experience working in property development and management, and am now looking to focus my career by fusing my two passions: property and environmentally sustainable development.
I have been Manager of Commercial Development at Stryder Property Group for the past four years where I manage construction, renovation and labour division of all our commercial projects and coordinate planners, designers, government authorities and environmental consultants on a daily basis. In this role, I have successfully identified and delivered large-scale commercial development projects and maintained excellent relationships with my blue-chip clients.
I am passionate about environmentally sustainable designs realised in property development and have worked on many buildings that have been Green Star Accredited with the Green Building Council of Australia. I have initiated and spearheaded many successful sustainable building development projects at Stryder Property Group and have much experience dealing with environmental consultants.
My time management and organisational skills are exemplary, as seen by my effective multitasking of all components of several large-scale projects simultaneously. I have solid written and verbal communication skills and a good understanding of effective communication for different audiences and purposes.
The position at Paradise Green Property perfectly matches my background, skills and aspirations in property development, and I believe that I can make a substantial contribution to your company. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss my qualifications for the position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.