Save Trees Save Life Essay
Trees produces oxygen that is life line of all living beings. In the hot summer we usually plan trips in the hilly areas. But if the rate of cutting Trees remains same then we don’t have enough Trees to plan a trip, seasonal raining and amount of fresh oxygen will no longer be available. Trees helps to clean the air, soil and water, making the earth a beautiful livable place. Living close to trees makes us healthier and happier. Its time to SAVE Trees, protect forests and spread awareness. If you want to save trees, you can help by protecting those that grow around your home, and planting more Trees. Reduce the use of paper products, too. According to our little understanding we have found few ways to protect Trees, you can also follow them ,motivate your friends and family members to join hands together to save our beautiful earth or you can join an organization working to save Tress around your home town.
1. Saving Trees Around You
Every town and city has laws dictating which tree species need to be protected and when and how it’s OK to cut down trees. In some areas, trees that are delicate, rare or extremely beneficial are protected by law. Knowing the laws in your area will help you be a better advocate for the trees there.
2. What you can do to save the Tree
Speak up to save the tree, rather than just letting it get cut down. Get together with other people who care about saving trees in your area and make it clear that you object to cutting down healthy trees. Even if there’s no law against cutting down the tree, if enough people think trees are important and need to be protected, you might be able to create change. Even if it’s too late for this particular tree, you’ll set a precedent for next time. Here are a few things you can do: • Write a letter of objection to your city forester or city council member. • Start a petition to change policies or protect certain trees. Rally neighbors to get involved in saving the neighborhood trees. • Get the media involved by sending a letter to the editor or contacting a local TV station.
3. Participate in Tree plantation
As important as it is to protect mature trees, it’s also essential to think ahead and plant new trees that will eventually get tall enough to contribute to the canopy, clean the air and help keep temperatures cool. Many towns and cities have organizations like Portland, Oregon’s Friends of Trees working to plant trees in areas that have too few. If your town or city doesn’t have a similar organization, why not start one yourself? Tree by tree, you can make a difference. • The type of tree you plant matters. Talk with an arborist about which species are native to your area and will eventually get big enough to clean the air and water. Small, ornamental trees won’t contribute much. • Buying trees can get expensive. See if there’s a nursery nearby that shares your views on trees and could give your group a discount on baby trees.
4. Reduce paper use
Reducing your use of paper products in order to save trees can seem abstract, since you never see the trees that get turned into items like paper towels and napkins. But it’s important to start seeing the connection between the trees you love and the products you use, since somewhere trees where cut down, processed into pulp, bleached and pressed into the shape of tissues you can use to blow your nose on. If you’re passionate about saving trees, look for ways to use fewer paper products in your daily life • Use cloth towels instead of paper towels. It’s a simple change that can reduce a lot of unnecessary waste. • Use cloth napkins instead of paper napkins. They’re more elegant, anyway. • Use handkerchiefs instead of tissues. It might take some getting used to, but handkerchiefs are actually softer on your skin than tissues, so you might like them better. • Use reusable containers instead of paper lunch bags. • If you must use a paper product, always buy the recycled version. At least you’ll know it’s not made from virgin pulp. Choose the paperless options for bills. This simple switch will make your life less cluttered and reduce the number of dead trees on your conscience. If you still get paper bills sent to your house, go online and make the switch to the paperless option. You can opt to receive notifications that a bill is due via email, rather than having to check the mail.
5. Eat less beef
The production of meat in general requires tons of resources. Factory farms need space, water and food for animals they raise for food. Beef products are particularly hard on trees, since Amazonian rain forests are being cut down to make way for cattle ranches.
6. Save: remaining Forests
Forests in Brazil, Russia, Canada and other parts of the world are being cut down or burned by forest fires every day. 78 million acres of rainforest are lost every single year. Scientists posit that if forest destruction continues at this rate, 80 to 90 percent of rain forests will by gone by 2020. Since forests play an essential part in keeping our planet healthy, stopping their destruction can’t happen soon enough. • Most forests are destroyed to provide space for agriculture or developments, to provide wood for paper products, or by forest fires that have increased in severity since the advent of global warming. • Saving forests must be a global effort, but there are things you can do to contribute, even if you live nowhere near a rain forest. Share your love for trees and forests with other people. Showing those in your life that you care about trees is a good way to help other people start taking action, too. Many people simply don’t realize how important old growth forests are to the health of the planet, including its human population. The more people who understand and care, the more likely destructive practices will be brought to a halt. • Spread the word on social media. When you see a story related to the state of the earth’s forest, share what you think about it and encourage others to comment. • Show that standing up for trees is something you believe in. Since saving trees will require a change in lifestyle, some people oppose the idea. By making it clear that saving trees is something you believe is valuable, you’ll be acting as a role model to others.
7. Donate to a nonprofit working to save forests
There are many nonprofits dedicated to saving forests across the world, and they are all in need of donations. Find one you trust and consider making a donation. • For example, Greenpeace is working to stop deforestation. It has projects around the world aimed at saving forests that are under threat. • The Rain forest Action Network aims to educate people and help everyone find a way to play a part in saving Source: http://www.wikihow.com/Save-Trees
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Save trees is a slogan used to motivate people to save trees and plant more trees in the surrounding areas by spreading the importance of trees among people as well as reduce deforestation and cut down of trees.
Essay on Save Trees
Trees are as much important to our life as food and water. Life becomes very difficult without trees or we can say that life would be finished because trees are most important aspect of giving us healthy and wealthy life. Save trees is the important social awareness now-a-days and have been included in the student’s life through the study. Students are generally assigned this topic to discuss or write short or long essay in their exams or any quiz competition in their school. We have provided variety of short and long essay on save trees under different words limit to help school students. You can select any save trees essay according to the need:
Save Trees Essay 1 (100 words)
Trees give us life directly and indirectly as they are source of oxygen production, CO2 consumption and source of rain. They are most precious gift to the humanity on the earth from nature for which we must be grateful, give honour and preserve for the mankind wellness.
We should understood importance of trees in our lives and do our best to save trees in order to save life, save environment on the earth and make earth a green earth. Trees are as valuable as gold that’s why they are called as “Green Gold” on the earth. They are the real source of our health as well as wealth because they give us oxygen, cool air, fruits, spices, vegetables, medicines, water, wood, furniture, shadow, fuel to burn, houses, fodder to animals and other useful things. They consume all the CO2, refresh air from toxic gases and prevent us from the air pollution.
Save Trees Essay 2 (150 words)
Trees gives us life and really very important for the survival on the earth. Many people are dependent on the tree for their survival economically for example paper industries, rubber industries, match industries, etc are totally dependent on trees. The main role of trees is giving fresh and oxygenated air to us and consumption of CO2 however they also give protection, shadow, food, source of money, home, medicines, etc to the people.
Trees are the source of rain on the earth as they attract clouds which ultimately bring rain. They also help in checking soil erosion and keep environment fresh by preventing from pollution. They are the home of wild animals and source of wild life in forests. Trees are very helpful and useful friends of humanity. They clean soil by filtering sewage and chemicals, control noise pollution, air pollution, reduce flash flooding, etc. By seeing the importance and value of trees in our life, we should honour and save trees in order to save life and environment.
Save Trees Essay 3 (200 words)
Trees are precious gift to our life from the nature. They are the green gold on the earth and very important for everyone’s life. Some of the importance of trees is mentioned below proving why save trees is save life:
- Trees are very important source of cleaning and refreshing air (as they produce oxygen and consume green house gases) by filtering and intercepting the airborne particles, chemicals, toxic gases, reducing heat, absorbing CO2 and other pollutants like sulphur dioxide, and nitrogen dioxide.
- Trees acts as natural dustbins to the harmful gases in the environment.
- Trees are source of natural shadow and cool air and most comfortable than the artificial cooling technologies like fan, coolers, air conditioning, etc.
- They are effective in breaking the force of wind thus helpful in protecting houses, vegetation, farmland, etc.
- They keep us healthy by lowering the dust levels and pollution levels especially in the urban areas.
- They prevent us from the respiratory disorders and breathing problems by refreshing air.
- They help in reducing noise pollution and most effective as sound barriers because they act most effectively like stone walls in stopping sound. They prevent us from the noises of crowded roads, railway stations, airports, etc.
- They prevent soil from erosion, helpful in rainwater conservation, and prevent sediment deposit during storms.
Save Trees Essay 4 (250 words)
Save trees, save life is not only a slogan, it is a responsibility which should be followed by each and every person living on the earth. It is a big opportunity to all of us to save our healthy environment and green earth by saving trees. Trees are symbol of life on the earth and natural home for many people and wild animals. Saving trees have been must at any cost in such a modern world where urbanization, industrialization and global warming is going very fast. In such a technological world, where people are fighting and working for themselves only, only trees are living for benefiting others (human beings and animals).
Trees are nourishing life on the earth in many ways by providing fruits, vegetables, foliage, flowers, spices, cool shade, medicines, roots, bark, wood, sprouts, etc. One fully grown tree may serve humanity for many years without getting anything in return. They prevent us from many diseases by purifying the air, maintaining the ecological balance, providing medicines, etc. Plants are like important assets prevent soil erosion, provide habitats to the faunal species, provide nutrients to soil etc. I have mentioned following ways to save trees and environment:
- We should make some effective efforts from our own end by joining the organizations working for save trees.
- We should make our trees saving service volunteer so that other people may also motivate.
- We should encourage our family members, friends, neighbors, small kids to get involve in saving our important resources.
- We should participate in the discussion or meeting related to the trees conservation issues in the community or state.
- We should hugely involve our new generation and teach children to respect trees, nature and environment by getting them to the hikes or camping.
- We should promote new planting in our surroundings.
Save Trees Essay 5 (300 words)
We are really bestowed by our mother earth many precious gifts nourishing our lives. One of the important precious gifts is trees. It is the source of food and shelter too for human beings and animals on the earth. Trees are natural home to many tribes living inside forests and home to all the birds. They give us timber to make furniture, refresh air, prevent soil erosion and floods, give cool and clean air in summer, source of products like gum, paper, rubber, medicine, rain, etc. We should understand the roles and importance of trees in our life and take a pledge to not destroy them as well as encourage people to plant more trees.
How to Save a Tree
Here are some effective ways to save tree and save life and environment on the earth:
- We should find out the reasons of trees removal in the particular region and analyze that whether tree was need to be removed because of being dead, damaged, diseased or planted in an inappropriate location.
- We should get proper information about the street tree removal by contacting city department, calling to local division of urban forestry, or writing a letter to the city forester regarding trees removal objection.
- We can contact our city council representatives regarding tree removal issue.
- We should join our hands together with neighbors and set a public hearing in front of officials regarding saving of the tree.
- We should research and collect all the benefits of trees in order to make case strong and effective.
- We should contact with the media and make them on our side to reach tree removal issue to the public and generate awareness.
- If trees have been removed, we should contact local governmental or nonprofit organization for ensuring re-plantation in the same area
Life is possible on the earth because of water, oxygen and trees and we cannot ignore that trees are source of oxygen and water on the earth. If we are destroying trees or forests, we are destroying our lives and environment from the green earth. Human beings are considered as the most intelligent creature on the earth, so we should understand our responsibility towards the nature and start saving trees, the green gold of earth.
Save Trees Essay 6 (400 words)
Trees are most valuable and important source of life on the earth. They are very critical to the healthy and vibrant communities on the earth. They benefit all the living things on the earth in some direct and indirect ways. Everything on the earth connect to each other and running according to the nature’s balance, if any disturbance occur to it whole environment may disturb and harm the lives on earth. Plants protect us from many natural disasters and nourish our lives in many ways. They keep our environment clean and earth green so, we are also responsible to them and try our best to protect trees. Large and mature trees are more benefiting in nature than smaller ones as they capture more carbon, filter green house gases at high rate, capture more storm water, provide big shadow and combat urban heat, reduce energy use and many more, so we should not cut them even in emergency.
Benefits of Trees
Here I have mentioned some real benefits of the trees which help you to understand that why trees should not be cut however need to be planted time to time.
- Mature trees help us to combat the climate changes by refreshing air and absorbing green house gases as they are the main source of climate change.
- Trees helps in air cleaning by refreshing the air as they absorb all the odors and pollutant gases in the environment.
- An acre of mature trees may provide required oxygen to 18 people per year.
- Trees help in combating summer heat as well as low winter temperature.
- Trees are best energy conservation and global warming management technique as they reduce the need of summer air conditioning by up to 50 percent.
- They save water by slowing down the water evaporation from ground through their shadow.
- Trees are natural water filter and play great role in preventing water pollution by allowing water to flow down to the earth below tree thus prevent rainwater to carry pollutants to the ocean.
- Trees prevent soil erosion by holding large amount of soil to one place.
- Trees provide us a strong shield to get protected from the ultra-violet rays and thus from the skin cancer and other skin disorders.
- Trees are good source of foods (like fruits, vegetables, etc), shelter, medicines, economy, etc.
- Trees have good healing property among patients having any health related complications like children with ADHD if they have direct exposure to the trees and nature.
- Trees are good source of identifying seasons, they reduces violence, and create economic opportunities to people.
- Trees are best teacher who never talk but shows everything. They are also best playmate of the kids.
- They are good example of unity in diversity.
- Trees are good source of reducing noise pollution, water pollution, air pollution and soil pollution.
By seeing all the benefits of trees mentioned above, we can completely understand the value of trees in our lives. Thus we should not cut trees, we always oppose the cutting of trees and forests, we should promote more tree plantation in the human crowded area, and motivate common people to save trees.
Save Trees Essay 7 (800 words)
Trees play great role in cleaning the air, soil and water and thus making earth a better place to live. People who live close to the trees are generally healthier and happier. Trees help us a lot through their limitless servings all across the life. As a human being, have we ever thought our responsibilities towards trees or only we are enjoying their benefits. Saving plants we are not showing any kindness to the plants instead we are showing kindness to our lives because life is not possible without trees on the earth. So, if we want to live life in healthy way, we have to save plants forever.
Importance of Trees
I have mentioned below some importance and precious value of trees which will help us to know why trees are called as green gold on the earth and most important for the healthy life.
- Trees add lots of value to our lives as well as and improve our living status by providing fresh oxygen and nutritious foods.
- Trees also fulfill our additional necessities like shelter, medicine, and other needs of our modern lifestyles.
- Trees in the society, community, streets, parks, playgrounds and backyards play great role in providing peaceful environment and aesthetically pleasing environment. Trees help to increase quality of life by providing cool shadow during our outdoor activities.
- Old trees in the living area become historic landmarks and source of town pride.
- Trees help in deflecting sunlight thus reduces heat island effect and keep environment clean and cool.
- Trees provide fresh oxygen and reduce air pollution by filtering harmful gases.
- They help in water conservation by preventing water evaporation.
- They prevent soil erosion and support wildlife.
- Trees are useful source controlling climate by managing the effects of sun, rain and wind.
- Trees are very essential in balancing the ecosystem in the nature.
- They are good source of absorbing and storing rainwater thus prevent from harms after storms.
- They are good source of food and shelter for forest animals. Birds make their nest on the trunk of plants.
- Trees have their personal and spiritual value as they look colourful and very beautiful. Some of the trees are traditionally worshipped by the people from ancient time.
- They are source of economy for many people as they are used commercially as a fuel, building construction, tools, furniture manufacture, sporting equipment, household items, paper and so many purposes.
Why to Save Trees
Below I have mentioned some points proving why we should save trees:
- Trees always clean and refresh air by releasing oxygen and filtering particulate matter including dust, micro metal particles, pollutants, green house gases (ozone, ammonia, nitrogen oxides, and sulfur dioxides), etc.
- Trees reduce smog and air pollution from the environment.
- They improve water quality, prevent water pollution, their root system reduce storm water runoff, prevent flooding and soil erosion.
- Trees are good source of energy saving because they reduce the use of air cooling system during summer season like electric fan, air conditioning, etc.
- Well-landscaped yards and real estate have nice value because of having positive economic influence on real estate they speeds up the sale of home.
- According to the Human-Environment Research Lab, trees are very effective in reducing violence level in the neighborhood.
- Four trees near by the home may save around 30% of the summer cooling costs whereas 1 million trees may save around $10 million energy costs per year.
- Forty to fifty trees help in removing approximately 80 pounds of the air pollutants per year.
- Trees have very less water requirement per year (400 trees need approximately 40,000 gallons of rainwater).
- A tree throughout its life period of 50 years provides oxygen worth $31,250.
- Trees around home boost its market value by 6 or 7% and add around 10% to a property’s value (according to the USDA Forest Service).
- A healthy and mature tree may provide cooling effect equivalent to air conditioner cooling ten room size area (20 hours/day, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture).
As we have seen above about the importance of trees, values of trees in our lives and also well aware of why we should save trees; we should start a campaign of tree saving awareness in our surrounding to aware common public. We should promote people to highly participate in such type of events to know the issues related to reducing number of plants on the earth. We should be always active and open our eyes regarding existence of green gold on the earth. We should not involve in cutting trees and always oppose cutting of trees and forests. We should always participate in the tree plantation activities especially in the human crowded and polluted area.
Slogans on Save Trees
Global Warming Essay
Essays on Climate Change