Cover Letter For Hha
As a certified nursing assistant (CNA), you may diligently care for your patients, but how well do you care for your own resume? To be a successful candidate for nursing assistant jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume.
For ideas on how you can demonstrate your nursing skills and dedication to quality care, check out this sample resume for an experienced CNA that Isaacs created below. You can also download the certified nursing assistant resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Reliable, service-focused nursing professional with excellent patient-care and charting skills gained through five years of experience as a CNA. Compassionate and technically skilled in attending to patients in diverse healthcare settings. BLS and CPR certified (current).
ABC STAFFING COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2012 to Present
- Provide high-quality patient care as an in-demand per-diem CNA within surgical, acute-care, rehabilitation, home-healthcare and nursing-home settings.
- Preserve patient dignity and minimize discomfort while carrying out duties such as bedpan changes, diapering, emptying drainage bags and bathing.
- Commended for chart accuracy, effective team collaboration, patient relations and consistent delivery of empathetic care.
DEF REHABILITATION COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2010 to 2012
- Provided nursing assistance to residents in a 120-bed long-term-care facility.
- Assisted residents with activities of daily living including helping with meals, transferring using assistive devices, bathing, dressing and grooming.
GHI HOSPITAL, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2009 to 2010
- Displayed strong clinical skills in assessing vital signs, performing lab draws and glucose checks, and providing pre- and post-operative care.
- Adhered to safety guidelines; completed hospital’s three-hour Patient Safety Training Program.
- Ensured the accurate, timely flow of information by maintaining thorough patient records and updating healthcare team on patients’ status.
- Complied with HIPAA standards in all patient documentation and interactions.
ABC School, Sometown, CT
Nurse’s Aide Program
- Completed 60 hours of clinical training
Get your nursing resume seen
Nursing is expected to grow more than 10% in the next eight years, which is great news. But the market is competitive, so you need to get your resume as much exposure as possible. Could you use a hand getting it noticed? Join Monster today. As a member, you can upload up to five resumes—each tailored to the different kinds of nursing jobs that interest you. Recruiters search Monster every day looking to fill top jobs with qualified candidates, just like you. Your resume can get you a job sooner than you think.
- Patient Care & Safety
- Diagnostic Testing
- Medical Terminology
- Electronic Medical Records
- Vital Signs & Patient Monitoring
- Medication Administration
- Privacy / HIPAA Regulations
- Patient Advocacy and Support
As you are writing your cover letter, you want to tailor it to the exact job you want to get. That means only mentioning skills that are relevant to the industry or are explicitly brought up in the job description. To become a home health aide, there is a lot of information you need to get across in both your resume and cover letter. If you need something to compare your current letter to or need to write a new one, then take a look through this professional HHA cover letter sample. You will get an idea if you are on the right track, and you may also benefit from some additional advice afterward.
Professional HHA Cover Letter Sample
Create Cover LetterCreate Cover Letter
HHA Cover Letter Must-Haves
You want your very first sentence to be interesting and eye-catching, like this professional HHA cover letter sample does, instead of beginning the paper with something bland or cliché. You want your letter to have a keen focus, so avoid any rambling or statements that are irrelevant to the job at hand. Make sure you discuss the finer details of your past work, which can involve concrete details, numbers, or timelines. You also need to be certain you have the right tone by always remaining respectful. A final must-have is a thank you at the end.
Best Action Verbs for an HHA Cover Letter
An engaging document, much like this professional HHA cover letter sample, needs to have powerful verbs that make an impact, and those verbs include answered, aided, answered, cooperated, diagnosed, encouraged, facilitated, rehabilitated, and volunteered.
Cover Letter Text
Dear Margaret Kloock,
Your company, TLC Home Care, has done a lot of good in the community, including giving my grandmother fantastic assistance for the last few years of her life. With my background in nursing and capacity for compassion, I believe I would be a good fit for the open HHA position you have. Your job description highlights the ability to work with various types of patients. My background in nursing has made me equipped to deal with a wide range of patients, all of whom have different ailments and require various treatments. I am familiar with numerous types of medications, so I know exactly what to give people even if they believe they should be getting something else. I can also diagnose treatment if I notice something amiss with an individual. However, beyond the technical skills, I believe compassion is what truly makes this line of work special. I take extra steps to ensure all my patients feel cared for. This can be something as simple as listening to their stories or helping them craft an email to send to their family members. I am able to drive to anyone in the county, and I can even work nights and weekends if you require that. Thank you again for all that you have done and for the opportunity to join your team. It would be great to discuss my qualifications further with you if you like.