Music Essay Topics
List Of Top 25 Excellent Essay Topics About Jazz Music
Stumped about what to write for your jazz history class essay, term paper or freelance writing gig? This list is full of great topics for an essay, dissertation or article. Jazz is a great essay or research term paper topic because there is just so much to talk about! It is a musical genre that began as American, and since the beginning, it has transformed, defined an era, and touched the lives of many people, including the prominent Louis Armstrong. Vague topics can be explored in great depth because jazz is rich in culture and history. You may find yourself, while exploring one topic, exploring various cultures and time periods.
- How Jazz has changed over its lifetime since its inception in the late nineteenth century.
- The difference between jazz and “white jazz”.
- The influence of Ragtime on European composers.
- Pentatonic scales and Arabian stylistic influences in the early development of the Blues.
- The International Sweethearts of Rhythm and the feminist movement.
- Brass Bands and the escape from poverty.
- Ellington’s “American Music” and his influence on Jazz
- The portrayal of the Jazz Age in “The Great Gatsby”.
- Jazz and the Modernist movement.
- Was the “Jazz Age” the ruin of Jazz?
- The European migrants influence on Jazz.
- The Impact of electronics on Jazz in the Sixties.
- The emergence of Jazz in Japan.
- Improvisation in Jazz and its relation to modern rap.
- The role of Jazz in American 1920’s culture.
- Women of Jazz and their struggle in a male dominant industry.
- The musical influence of Louis Armstrong; his history and legacy.
- The emergence of flapper women in the Jazz Age.
- Is Jazz celebratory to black culture or a reminder of oppression?
- Jazz during the Great Depression.
- The first Jazz records and their influence on subsequent records.
- The influence of Jazz and the Blues on Jamaican Reggae.
- What is “Pure” Jazz?
- The art of the Jazz Album.
- The history and evolution of Latin Jazz.
Writing about Jazz is full of possibilities and discoveries. You’ll always learn something new while researching and writing your essay or term paper, whether it is about history, culture, or the lives of people. Infusing your paper with all three will give you a fleshed out and rounded paper to turn into your professor or client.
List Of Interesting Music Research Essay Topics To Write About
Research papers can be written in any classroom, even in the arts. Papers about musical topics are more enjoyable for students to write than the papers about scientific or literary topics. The reason that music papers are more fun for students to write is because there are so many interesting topics. Music research papers can be written about vocal music or instrumental music or theory topics. Here are some ideas:
- How has music changed over the decades?
- Who are the most influential musicians in an era?
- What makes music ¨classical¨?
- How does music affect dance?
- How does a musician break into the industry and become a professional?
- What are the most lucrative careers for musicians?
- How does music affect physical health?
- How does music affect mental health?
- How is music marketed to different age groups?
- How has music categorization affected sales?
- What is the future of the ¨album¨?
- How does music affect fashion?
- How does music affect advertising?
- What has impacted music more: classical music or rock and roll?
- Why are there so many tribute bands?
- How does music affect development in children?
- How does music affect learning and memorization?
- Explain the quote: ¨Music soothes the savage beast.¨
- How is music used during war time?
- Explain the differences between music and poetry.
- Trace the evolution of rap and how it affects culture.
- What has happened to jazz?
- Should the term ¨Indie¨ no longer be used in music?
Music topics can be general, large topics like genres, artists, or movements. These general topics are better suited for lower-level music courses instead of junior or senior level courses. When you get into graduate classes or more specific courses, it is better to focus on narrowed topics. When you choose a topic for a music research paper, you should always be sure the topic is arguable and does not have an obvious answer. If you want to make the topic more interesting for your and your reader, you can always argue the side that no one would imagine to be arguable.
The topic that you pick should be appropriate for the class, but you can manipulate the topic to fit your interest. So, if you are taking a course in music from the Renaissance, but you are really interested in modern rock music, you could compare the types of chords and messages in the two musical genres.