Merits And Demerits Of Internet Essay Writer
- #117-Jul-2008, 10:40
advantages & disadvantages of internet for kids
Would you please check my essay?
If so, thank you very much.
I'm hoping somebody to check the mistakes.
Q. Advantages & Disadvantages of Internet for Kids.
As we know, a long time ago it was really hard to communicate with each other or even people from outsiders. With the development of technology, at last telephone was made and it is used till now. Those genius people made many useful stuff such as telephone, mobile-phone, airplane, computer and so on. However, those kind of items were really rare in the past, but now it is really common to everyone and almost everyone has it. Presently, there is one useful thing that is used by everyone to communicate with each other quickly and simplely, which is Internet. Internet is a browsing system that is use by using a computer or mobile-phons. In fact, by using internet, people can communicate with others even with a long distance. Moreover, it may also be used for gaming, web-browsing, chatting, downloading, sharing files, etc.
However, there are many advantages and disadvantages of internet for kids. Firstly, it's good for kids to know how to use a computer and internet. They can use it for searching good articles and syllabus for their schools. Furthermore, they can learn new things from the internet. Also they can do their homeworks on computer instead of wasting time writing down. However, there are also negative useness. They may open some bad sites like porn, xxx, or even worse. They may be addicted to games on the computer or even online-games. Those cases may bring bad effects to kids. Because they learn what they see and do.
In brief, I think Internet is a good way to learn new things. But we must monitor them and telling them the good things.
Please check my Essay.Key Member
- Member Info
- Native Language:
- Home Country:
- Current Location:
- Join Date: Dec 2007
- Posts: 2,796
- Member Info
1) Information on almost every subject imaginable.
2) Powerful search engines
3) Ability to do research from your home versus research libraries.
4) Information at various levels of study. Everything from scholarly articles to ones directed at children.
5) Message boards where people can discuss ideas on any topic. Ability to get wide range of opinions. People can find others that have a similar interest in whatever they are interested in.
6) The internet provides the ability of emails. Free mail service to anyone in the country.
7) Platform for products like SKYPE, which allow for holding a video conference with anyone in the world who also has access.
8) Friendships and love connections have been made over the internet by people involved in love/passion over similar interests.
9) Things such as Yahoo Answers and other sites where kids can have readily available help for homework.
10) News, of all kinds is available almost instantaneously. Commentary, on that news, from every conceivable viewpoint is also available.
1) There is a lot of wrong information on the internet. Anyone can post anything, and much of it is garbage.
2) There are predators that hang out on the internet waiting to get unsuspecting people in dangerous situations.
3) Some people are getting addicted to the internet and thus causing problems with their interactions of friends and loved ones.
4) Pornography that can get in the hands of young children too easily.
5) Easy to waste a lot of time on the internet. You can start surfing, and then realize far more time has passed than you realized. Internet and television together of added to the more sedentary lifestyles of people which further exacerbates the obesity problem.
6) Internet has a lot of "cheater" sites. People can buy essays and pass them off as their own far more easily than they used to be able to do.
7) There are a lot of unscrupulous businesses that have sprung up on the internet to take advantage of people.
8) Hackers can create viruses that can get into your personal computer and ruin valuable data.
9) Hackers can use the internet for identity theft.
10) It can be quite depressing to be on the internet and realize just how uneducated so many people have become in today's society.